This week, the MSHMP team is sharing the yearly PRRS incidence rates in the 39 participating systems.
Continue reading “Yearly incidence rate of PRRS per MSHMP Participating Production System”
- The average incidence rate for all systems during the entire period described was 0.27 PRRS outbreaks per farm per year.
- The incidence rate of PRRS outbreaks within a system varies across years with some participants continuing to have lower incidences.
A few days ago, we shared a report that PRRS incidence decreased in naive breed-to-wean farms. Interesting questions were brought forward by our readers so this month, we are sharing three practitioners’ experiences with PRRS in their systems: Dr. Tara Donova with the Hanor company, Dr. Jay Miller with The Maschhoffs, and Dr. Pete Thomas from Iowa Select Farms.
Continue reading “Best of Leman 2019 #3: Three systems views on PRRS decreasing incidence”
This post is from the MSHMP team looking at status IV farms and their PRRS incidence between the years 2009 and 2019. Quick reminder, in 2011, Holtkamp et al. defined status IV farms as PRRS-negative per their shedding and exposure status.
Continue reading “Comparison of PRRS incidence rate in status IV breeding herds during 2009-2019”
- PRRS incidence rate in status IV farms varied significantly from 2009 to 2019.
- The incidence rate in status IV farms during 2019 was one of the lowest on record and comparable to the one observed in 2013 and 2014; the years of the PED epidemic in the US.
- PRRS incidence in status IV farms during 2019 was significantly lower than the one of 2015 and 2016 and marginally non-significant lower (p=0.07) than the one of 2018.
Today, we are sharing the 2018/2019 summary for the Morrison Swine Health Monitoring Program from the MSHMP team lead, Dr. Cesar Corzo and what his vision for the future is.
Continue reading “MSHMP Incidence Year 2018/2019 Annual Summary”