This week, the MSHMP team is sharing results from a study looking at how related PRRSv ORF5 sequences from a same area are.
Continue reading “Understanding whether PRRS viruses in a neighborhood are closely related”
- 28 space-time clustering of PRRSv based on producers’ routine molecular surveillance were identified in the course of 2010-2019.
- Being inside or outside a space-time cluster significantly explains the genetic variability of most, but not all cases.
- Assessing space, time, and genetic relatedness relationships in PRRSV transmission is complex, and overall trends might miss important case information.
This week, the MSHMP team assessed differences in ORF5 sequences compared to VR2332 based on the type of farm, the sequence was collected at.
Continue reading “PRRSv ORF5 difference from VR2332 by herd type”
- Breeding herd sequences differ 8%-16% while in other herd types they differ 1%-15% from VR2332 at the ORF5 level.
- The larger nucleotide identity (%) range compared to VR2332 in growing pigs suggests a higher viral diversity within this group.