The spread of African Swine Fever in China and in Europe has been raising concerns in the US swine industry. To answer the need of updated and relevant information, we created the webpage: z.umn.edu/AfricanSwineFever.
Among other resources you will find recording of the session of the 2018 Allen D. Leman Swine Conference, a link to the Swine Disease Global Surveillance reports, and preparedness checklists from the Pork Checkoff.
The page is organized to answer the following questions:
- What do we know about African Swine Fever virus?
- What is the progression of African Swine Fever worldwide?
- African Swine Fever in the field
- What are the available diagnostic tests for African Swine Fever?
- How to prepare for African Swine Fever
- Is there a vaccine against African Swine Fever?
- Is feed a concern?