Happy New Year from the University of Minnesota swine group! We hope that the coming year brings great things. We covered so many different things on this blog in the past year, we wanted to share some of the highlights with you. Thank you for your readership last year and we look forward to continuing to bring you this kind of content in 2022.
- It is no surprise that our most popular blog post was about COVID-19 for the second year in a row. The National Pork Board looked into whether or not pigs can get the virus and transmit it to humans.
- Many readers enjoyed about the three very deserving UMN students were awarded the Morrison, Pijoan and PIC fellowships this year.
- PRRSV was a big topic this year. At The Meeting, our podcast that catches you up on new swine information discussed the emerging 1-4-4 PRRS Virus and associated risks.
- The Morrison Swine Health Monitoring Program also covered this new PRRSV, taking a look at the Lineage 1C variant.
- We published a two part blog post about Understanding Sow Mortality from the MSHMP team, both Part 1 and Part 2 were popular reads!